St. Louis rock band Greek Fire [comprised of members from Story of the Year and Maybe Today] are no strangers to the Vans Warped Tour, but that doesn't mean they're not getting excited for this year's run. We (Purevolume) asked frontman Moon to share with us the 10 reasons why GF can't wait for Warped, and he even one-upped that by handing us back 11. From pyrotechnic dreams and fan-friendly band vs. band kickball games, to touring with friends and living on energy drinks, his list is about as wild as the tour itself. Check it out, and don't miss their stint on the tour July 10-18.
Greek Fire's "11 Reasons Why We Couldn't Wait for Warped Tour"
1. Current fire codes in clubs prohibit the use of a lot of pyrotechnics, but we got a sweet deal on $1 million worth of stage fire and robots, so we are gonna use em at one of the dates on the tour at the Ernie Ball stage.
2. We have played Warped Tour [in Story of the Year] six years, and every time it's a perfect place to perform and meet new people. [There's] something about the atmosphere and summer vibes that make it a good time for all.
3. Dance parties — we're famous for them.
4. People are always at Warped to see their favorite bands AND to see what some of the new bands out there are doing. This is a perfect year to hang and perform for people that haven't seen us live yet.
5. In the past, we've done giant band vs band kickball and soccer tournaments. This year I wanna get fans involved. Two 100 person kickball teams and everyone bats twice an inning. If you're goin, wear PINK or ORANGE long sleeve shirts and we'll get ya on a team.
6. It's the ultimate best friend line-up for us. We have toured and been friends for years with almost every band on the tour. It's always 10 times more fun to do great tours with great friends...
7. My testicular appendages sticking together while we perform.
8. At Warped people know they are going to get dirty [maybe wet] and are always down to get a little crazy and enjoy every show in ways you can't at club shows.
9. New bands! I'm an avid wanderer and I myself am excited to roam around and find new bands out there. Ya never know, you may just be the only guy watching the next Rolling Stones.
10. Our parties with the Yellowcard / All Time Low guys were a near mess last year in Australia, and theres a good chance we'll try to one up em.
11. You don't need to sleep. There is so much energy drink available that you can do the whole tour without closing your eyes.
Greek Fire is a mission to capture the attention of a rock deprived generation. A mission to re-vitalize the spirit of rock music in all of it's purity and greatness. A mission to create uplifting, soaring music for those who need it now more than ever. Greek Fire is comprised of 4 young men from the planet Earth, each sharing an extreme passion for their respective instruments.
Greek Fire is about purity and expression, poetry and mystery, the beauty of the journey. Faith in something greater, a quest into the unknown, a connection with the fire within. Embracing the power of words, the beauty of the guitar riff, the energy created through real rhythm, Greek Fire is a quest to resurrect the greatness of rock music for those who want something more.
Natural melodies and rhythm with no cover ups, no pitch correction, no splicing and dicing it to perfection, just the spirit of that natural and attitude-filled first take. We invite you to the ride.
Totally Fuzzy was the name, music discovery was the game.
It only took one braindead Google monkey to destroy almost 10 years of dedication...
The next round will be played on our own terms on
Friday, June 22, 2012
The Latest Posts
The best digest/summary of our posts is available here.