In less than two years Radio Fallout (Alternative/Garage rock) went from being a brand new alternative rock act in the vein of Weezer, the Toadies and Nirvana to headlining festivals, signing publishing deals, touring the Midwest, and playing the premier venues in the live music capital of the world, Austin, Texas.
In the wake of the worldwide economic collapse at the end of 2008 Caleb Scates decided to quit his job in Cincinnati Ohio and drive across country in a car leaking brake fluid and coolant to form an alternative rock band in Austin, Texas.
Weeks after the move Scates met Jonathan Palmer and Dan Walker who migrated to Austin to pursue music 2003. The trio rehearsed vigorously through the beginning of 2009 and played their first show at the end of April.
The cooler fall months saw the group set out to record their first collection of songs at Wonderland Studios in south Austin. The Mondegreen EP was released in March of 2010 and produced by Tim 'Tank' Casterline and Radio Fallout. Immediately following the release of the EP Radio Fallout set out on a 7 date tour of the midwest that included Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Chicago.
The warm reception of the Mondegreen EP lead to a publishing deal with Los Angeles based K&W Publishing as well as signing a booking deal with the Bandwidth Agency. They continued to play shows through the summer and fall that included a headlining show at Stubb's and Toys for Tots charity drive in Houston, TX. In the winter of 2010 the trio released a collection of acoustic songs recorded in Scates' Apartment in Austin.
The ETC...EP was released online and is available for free download from the bands website.
Radio Fallout managed to squeeze in 4 shows in Austin during SXSW 2011 before taking a break from touring to focus on their first full length album. They began tracking in May of 2011 at 5th Street Studios. In August Radio Fallout took a break from recording to Headline Simmerfest II Summer Music Festival in Tahlequah Oklahoma. In October they were invited to perform a showcase sponsored by the national organization RAW Natural Born Artists, and a charity show to benefit the Kyle no kill animal center at Texas State in San Marcos.
Radio Fallout wrapped up their studio work just in time for SXSW 2012 which they played 2 shows. Their debut album is scheduled for release in September and the power trio plans on touring extensively to promote the record.
Band: Radio Fallout
Location: Austin, TX
Styles: Alternative, Rock, Garage, Indie
Similar to: Weezer, The Toadies, White Stripes, Local H, Nirvana
CD: Vox e Tenebris
Release date: September 4, 2012
Caleb Scates: Guitar, Vocals, Piano
Dan Walker: Bass, Backing Vocals
Jonathan Palmer: Drums, Backing Vocals
Production: Recorded at 5th Street Studios in Austin TX.
Engineered, mixed by Evan Kleinecke.
Co produced by Evan Kleinecke and Radio Fallout
Radio Fallout's career highlights:
- Headlined Simmerfest II Summer music Festival (Summer 2011)
- Featured by RAW Natural Born Artists - www.rawartists.org
- Paste Magazine Podcast
- Played 4 shows during SXSW 2011, and 2 shows during SXSW 2012
- Featured in a Documentary on Independent Music (Release scheduled for Spring of 2012)
- No Cover Magazine (Distributed Nationally)
- Nominated for Best International Rock Song in Toronto Exclusive Magazine
- Featured on Dissolver.com and IndieGuitarist.com
- Editors Pick on Cdbaby.com and IndieMusic.com
- Austin Rockers Compilation CD to promote drunk driving awareness (distributed nationally)
- Played a Toy's for Tots Charity show and a show to help raise money for the Kyle No Kill Animal Shelter
- 3 top 10 finishes on Ourstage.com
- Top 10 on the Austin Alternative charts on reverbnation.com
- Fan favorite on Jango.com
- Signed to Bandwidth Agency (booking)
- Signed to K&W Publishing, LLC and Cepheid Star Publishing, LLC
- In rotation on Risque Radio and Rukus Radio
Mondegreen EP - March 2010
Etc... EP - December 2010
Vox e Tenebris - September 2012
Thanks to James Moore
Totally Fuzzy was the name, music discovery was the game.
It only took one braindead Google monkey to destroy almost 10 years of dedication...
The next round will be played on our own terms on
Monday, August 13, 2012
The Latest Posts
The best digest/summary of our posts is available here.